Vacancy quotes

• Nothing raises the national temperature more than a VACANCY sign hanging from the colonnaded front of the Supreme Court.
    -- Christopher Buckley

#Vacancy #Temperature #Court

• Redd Towers Apartments, whose advertising slogan, 'If you lived here, you'd be home by now,' did little to fill vacancies.
    -- Frank Beddor

#Home #Towers #Vacancy

• At the next vacancy for God, if I am elected, I shall forgive last the delicately wounded who, having been slugged no harder than anyone else, never got up again, neither to fight back, nor to finger their jaws in painful admiration.
    -- John Ciardi

#Fighting #Forgiving #Vacancy

• All my life, as down an abyss without a bottom. I have been pouring van loads of information into that vacancy of oblivion I call my mind.
    -- Logan Pearsall Smith

#Mind #Vacancy #Pouring

• A man who marries his mistress leaves a vacancy in that position.
    -- Oscar Wilde

#Men #Mistress #Vacancy

• History is representational, while time is abstract; both of these artifices may be found in museums, where they span everybody's own vacancy
    -- Robert Smithson

#Museums #May #Vacancy

• What you can do is embrace what you have right now and to allow it to fill the vacancies of what you didn't get yesterday.
    -- T. D. Jakes

#Gratitude #Yesterday #Vacancy

• Such is the grasping tendency of the human heart, that it must have a something to lay hold of—and which, if wrested away without the substitution of another something in its place, would leave a void and a vacancy as painful to the mind, as hunger is to the natural system…. The heart must have something to cling to…
    -- Thomas Chalmers

#Heart #Mind #Vacancy

• True inward quietness is not that which may be produced by shutting out all outward causes of distraction -- a process which, when carried out too severely, may intensify the inward ferment of the mind, especially in the young. It is rather a state of stable equilibrium; it is not vacancy, but stability -- the steadfastness of a single purpose.
    -- Caroline Emelia Stephen

#Mind #Inward #Vacancy

• True inward quietness ... is not vacancy, but stability - the steadfastness of a single purpose.
    -- Caroline Emelia Stephen

#Inner Peace #Inward #Vacancy

• The infinity of this vacancy, the pervasive pain, the longing for some spirit, some lightness, some joy - that's all that is left.
    -- Martha Manning

#Pain #Joy #Vacancy

• I will say one thing has changed dramatically which is this Supreme Court vacancy, and it will reshape the race on my side, because I'd rather lose an election than lose the Supreme Court.
    -- Hugh Hewitt

#Race #Vacancy #Sides