Usury quotes

• It will probably surprise many who know nothing of Proudhon save his declaration that 'property is robbery' to learn that he was perhaps the most vigorous hater of Communism that ever lived on this planet. But the apparent inconsistency vanishes when you read his book and find that by property he means simply legally privileged wealth or the power of usury, and not at all the possession by the labourer of his products.
    -- Benjamin Tucker

#Book #Mean #Usury

• Extra interest signifies extra risk.
    -- Duke of Wellington

#Risk #Usury #Interest

• Pleasure never comes sincere to man; but lent by heaven upon hard usury.
    -- John Dryden

#Men #Heaven #Usury

• Although usury is itself a form of credit in its bourgeoisified form, the form adapted to capital , in its pre-bourgeois form it is rather the expression of the lack of credit .
    -- Karl Marx

#Expression #Credit #Usury

• Usury lives in the pores of production, as it were, just as the gods of Epicurus lived in the space between the worlds.
    -- Karl Marx

#Space #World #Usury

• We want property, but property restored to its proper limits, that is to say, free distribution of the products of labour, property minus usury!
    -- Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

#Want #Usury #Limits

• "The Jews should not be allowed to keep what they have obtained from others by usury; it were best that they were compelled to worked so that they could earn their living instead of doing nothing but becoming avaricious."
    -- Thomas Aquinas

#Usury #Doing Nothing #Becoming

• Usury once in control will wreck the nation.
    -- William Lyon Mackenzie King

#Wrecks #Usury

• When the need arises - and it does - you must be able to shoot your own dog.

• The kind of people I myself represent in parliament; salary earners, shopkeepers, skilled artisans, professional men and women, farmers and so on, these are, in a political and economic sense, the middle class. They are for the most part unorganised and unselfconscious.

• They say I'm young, but my purpose is the inspiration of a nation, innovation 'till I change the talk into a conversation. I'm like a doctor and my patients are anxiously waiting; healing all the hatin' that fakin' in the paper chasing. It's hard to live up to these expectations that I'm facing, and gain the admiration of an older generation. That's why I'm pacing back and forth, contemplatin' mediatatin', how to use what I've been taught is a positive force...

• I don't like being in the service industry and having to deal with people yelling at me all the time. McDonald's was the hardest job I ever had - so I have a lot of respect for people who work in the fast food industry. Because it's a hard job.

• Last week a former Royal Marine who is the boyfriend of the model Kelly Brooks crashed into a bus stop while driving a van carrying a load of dead badgers. I mention this solely to remind you that linguists are not kidding when they say … that your command of English enables you to understand sentences that have never occurred before in the entire history of the human species.

• An impractical man--which he not only seems to be, but really is--will always be unreliable and unpredictable in his dealings with others. He will engage in actions that mean something else to him than to others, but he is at peace with himself about everything as long as he can make it all come together in a fine idea.

• We can scarcely avoid the inference that light consists in the transverse undulations of the same medium which is the cause of electric and magnetic phenomena.

• I resolve to speak ill of no man whatever, not even in a matter of truth; but rather by some means excuse the faults I hear charged upon others, and upon proper occasions speak all the good I know of everybody.

• The only power you have is the word no

• To be a successful state, we must nurture successful children.