Kind Words quotes

• I do not think that music keeps evolving. It evolved through Bach; since then, in my humble opinion, all the innovations added nothing.

• Life is too short and too precious to waste it living out someone else’s values. We must find our own.

• And.. are you willing to go all the way? To understand that food is only a stand-in for love and possibility and spirit? Because if you aren't, you will get caught up in gaining and losing weight for the rest of your life. But if you are willing, then the portal to what you say you want is truly on your plate.

• There's already a great deal to do writing the songs. And if I were completely in control of it, nobody would be able to say "this song doesn't work."

• On Valentine's Day, I wired flowers for my mother-in-law, but she found the fuse.

• Let me just try to give you sort of the intuitive one here on the stimulus funds. If you have a two-person economy - let's imagine we have two farms, and that's the whole world, just two farms. If one of those farmers gets unemployment benefits, who do you think pays for him? Am I going way over your heads today?

• Those playful fancies of the mighty sky.

• I design to make women feel confident and beautiful.

• This is the national equivalent of having no savings, your credit card maxed out, you didn't renew your insurance, and now your house has burned down. The only way we can start to solve this is rolling back the tax cuts for the rich, which would save about $70 billion.

• If you feel uncomfortable on stage, you can very easily descend into a sort of abyss, convinced you're the worst actor ever, that you're a disgrace to the profession, that you're a disgrace to yourself. It's an awful feeling.