Hyper quotes

• I think television is moving more into movies, particularly with serialization and almost cinematic proportions and expectations. A show like Game of Thrones is a perfect example of that. It isn`t all about instant gratification it's about inviting someone into the long experience of television the way you'd be invited into a theater for two hours. So I think in that way, and the quality of writing in television is probably much better than most film writing.

• The debate over troop levels will rage for years; it is...beside the point.

• Through the ages, man's main concern was life after death. Today, for the first time, we find we must ask questions about whether there will be life before death.

• I didn’t want the person standing there, beside the bed, to have the same face I’d found so attractive at the airport. But you were there all right: the blue eyes, blondish hair, and tiny scar. Only you didn’t look beautiful this time. Just evil.

• Politics can be the graveyard of the poet. And only poetry can be his resurrection.

• You don't have to be equal, you don't have to be better, you don't have to be worse. You can just be at peace.

• The brain is the man; its health is essential for normal living; its disorders are surely the most profound of human miseries; and its destruction annihilates a person humanly, however intact his body.

• T.V.s weird because its both the greatest gig as an actor potentially because it can be all this work for all this time, but there are so many question marks at every stage of the process.

• Anger is frustration at the fact that we are not God, and do not have control over reality.

• I just look at what's going on in the world.