Haitian quotes

• Character is the salesperson

• When I attack a role, be it TV, film or stage, the first thing I say is, I don't want to know anything. If it's good I don't want to hear it; if it's bad I don't want to hear it. The only thing either thing can do is distract me. I like to stay focused

• Nothing's changed my life more. I feel better about myself as a person, being conscious and responsible for my actions and I lost weight and my skin cleared up and I got bright eyes and I just became stronger and healthier and happier. Can't think of anything better in the world to be but be vegan.

• Without the oceans there would be no life on Earth.

• Life must be a constant education; one must learn everything, from speaking to dying.

• How unbelievably naive we both were that night. We clung hard to each other, making vows we couldn't keep and should never have spoken aloud. That's how love is sometimes. I already loved him more than I'd ever loved anything or anyone. I knew he needed me absolutely, and I wanted him to go on needing me forever.

• The wife of a self-admirer must expect a very cold and negligent husband.

• In Ixion music and party are our only beliefs. Darkness is our comfort. We have few rules but they are absolute. Your endocrine systems have been altered by changes to your hypothalamus. You no longer need to sleep or see sunlight.

• It bugs me that people think my songs are personal because it means I have to explain myself all the time.

• Never go to clubs with metal detectors. Sure it feels safe inside. But what about all those ***** waiting outside with guns? They know you ain't got one.