Extremism quotes

• It's become fashionable these days to say that the writer writes because he is not whole, he has a wound, he writes to heal it, but who cares if the writer is not whole; of course the writer is not whole, or even particularly well.

• Circumstances are the rulers of the weak; they are but the instruments of the wise.

• If the provisions of the constitution be not upheld when they pinch as well as when they comfort, they may as well be abandoned.

• Do not do what you cannot continue to deliver. For, remember, the world wants to see a continuity of delivery of set standards...!

• I'm not too good when exposed to people

• The problem with worry is that we attract the very thing we are trying to avoid. We live a self-fulfilling prophecy. Life keeps its agreement with us through our beliefs, because whatever we think about, we bring about. Life is like a mirror. It reflects back whatever image we present to it.

• Just as you need the man in your life to love you unconditionally, even when you’re not particularly lovable, your man needs you to demonstrate your respect for him regardless of whether he’s meeting your expectations at the moment.

• I never really had the classic struggle. I had faith.

• I'm pretty much a straight guy on 'The Office.' We can't all be crazies. You need some balance.

• Every patriot believes his country better than any other country . . . In its active manifestation-it is fond of killing-patriotism would be well enough if it were simply defensive, but it is also aggressive . . . Patriotism deliberately and with folly aforethought subordinates the interests of a whole to the interests of a part . . . Patriotism is fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave and blind as a stone.