Fourth Grade quotes

• When people are protecting something truly special to them, they truly can become...as strong as they can be.

• Just look at me! Beauty. Style. A little vision of perfection. I love myself and that's enough.

• Riches, power and fame last only for a few years! Why do people cling so desperately to these transitory things? Why can't people who have more than they need for themselves give that surplus to their fellow citizens? Why should some people have such a hard time during their few years on this earth?

• It's all a question of story. We are in trouble just now because we do not have a good story. We are in between stories. The old story, the account of how we fit into it, is no longer effective. Yet we have not learned the new story.

• I've never felt any particular desire to be married.

• The most beautiful things in the creating of the child are his "mistakes." The more a child's work is full of these individual mistakes the more wonderful it is. And the more a teacher removes them from the child's work the duller, more desolate and impersonal it becomes.

• No one makes you feel anything. It is how you react and respond that determines your emotions.

• Great is the power of Eloquence; but never is it so great as when it pleads along with nature, and the culprit is a child strayed from his duty, and returned to it again with tears.

• I don't think anyone can speculate what will happen with respect to oil prices and gas prices because they are set on the global economy.

• I know it sounds stupid and cliche, but I just want to get better. I want to keep improving.