Enchanting quotes

• I suffer from life and from other people. I can’t look at reality face to face. Even the sun discourages and depresses me. Only at night and all alone, withdrawn, forgotten and lost, with no connection to anything real or useful — only then do I find myself and feel comforted.

• When I do watch shows, or projects that I've been a part of, I'm pretty good at watching them objectively. And that's mostly because I want to see how it came out overall, what the overall story was and how it came together visually, what my mates were doing.

• I have never had a single positive doping test, and I do not take performance-enhancing drugs.

• The history of astronomy is a history of receding horizons.

• Of course women can have it all - if they want it all. I won't hear any defeatist talk. If you just dwell on problems, you won't get anywhere fast.

• Some people have theorized that I lurched to prove myself intellectually. But it was not any lurch. It was more a kind of awakening.

• I must dedicate my life to teaching my people, for only education would make their lot less bitter, their latent power more strong.

• ...in this way the structure of the universe- I mean, of the heavens and the earth and the whole world- was arranged by one harmony through the blending of the most opposite principles.

• When the cinematography school told me I would have no chance to get a job, I said, "It's irrelevant." My mom was a feminist in the '20s. She taught me to be on my own, to be independent, to do what I wanted to do. I did not believe it would be difficult. It was difficult. In '66, I almost starved for a year and a half, and the only way I did not starve was because I could not find a job in camera, but I found a job in editing.

• You have risen with all power in Your hands. You have given me a second chance. Hallelujah, hallelujah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I’m not going back, I’m moving ahead. Here to declare to You my past is over in You. All things are made new, surrendered my life to Christ. I’m moving, moving forward.