Kabul quotes

• I would be quite happy to see the Northern Alliance steam across northern Afghanistan and take Kabul.
    -- Geoff Hoon

#Alliances #Would Be #Kabul

• Kabul is... a thousand tragedies per square mile.
    -- Khaled Hosseini

#Squares #Tragedy #Kabul

• The problem is that so many of them are not getting told. This is a massive problem, not just in the Middle East but for places from Africa to Afghanistan. There are millions of stories out there, millions of potential Booksellers of Kabul or Valentino Achak Dengs.
    -- Annia Ciezadlo

#Kabul #Middle East #Stories

• All politics are local, whether in Kabul or in Canada.
    -- Chris Alexander

#Canada #Kabul #Locals

• The strategy for peace-building in Afghanistan is economic aid, reconstruction, international security forces. On those lines, the U.S. has been extremely slow. And it has even blocked expanding security forces from Kabul to other cities.
    -- Ahmed Rashid

#Cities #Kabul #Lines

• I'd rather we were rebuilding Philadelphia, as opposed to Kabul...There are American cities with serious infrastructure problems and we're not addressing them.
    -- Mick Cornett

#Cities #Philadelphia #Kabul

• Doing things that allow you to learn something are great and I love when you have an opportunity to discover a whole new part of the world.

• It's so different to be a sparrow. But nobody asked this rat if he wanted to be a rat when he was made. Nobody said, 'Wouldn't you rather be a sparrow?

• The Devil is a Five-headed Snake, says the father. The son says, Nay, it's a Six-headed one. And then their hearts burn with hate for each others - and they live apart for many years.

• I'd like to run for office someday, but I'm afraid my ability to spell might give me an unfair advantage.

• There are a lot of Christians who are halfway fellows. They stand in the door, holding on to the Church with one hand while they play with the toys of the world with the other. They are in the doorway and we can't bring sinners in. And, until we get some of God's people right, we cannot hope to get sinners regenerated. Now they always accuse me of carrying around a sledge hammer with which to pound the church members. Yes sir, I do pound them, every time I come down, I knock one of the halfway fellows out of the doorway, and every time I knock one out I get a sinner in.

• As followers of natural science we know nothing of any relation between thoughts and the brain, except as a gross correlation in time and space.

• It was the winter wild, While the Heaven-born child, All meanly wrapt in the rude manger lies.

• I want to be promoted in the urban areas. A lot of African-American people should know more about me.

• If women ran the world we wouldn't have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.

• This is Darrow, Inadequately scrawled, with his young, old heart, And his drawl, and his infinite paradox And his sadness, and kindness, And his artist sense that drives him to shape his life To something harmonious, even against the schemes of God.