Equal Opportunity quotes

• I find it bitterly ironic that the bulk of the money a medical-malpractice jury awarded to Terri [Schaivo] for use in making her better instead went into Mr. Felos's pocket to make her dead.

• There is a difference between standard of living and quality of life. Quality of life is more important.

• Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends.

• I am a big nut for kind of weird musicality things. I love key-changes and random tempo things and polyrhythms - music geek.

• I survived, but it's not a happy ending.

• Knowledge of the means to express our emotion is essential- and is acquired only after a very long experience.

• I need to conduct myself differently in different communities. In my experience, the journalistic conventions - you know, I'm the reporter, you're the subject, the interviewee - actually tend to hold steady much more consistently in rural Africa than they do in the American inner city.

• The holy Cross goes forward; it brings joy and consolation to every quarter where Christians live; and these God-fearing people, elated, stand in their doorways and greet it reverently, the strength, the salvation of the universe, the Cross.

• Looking at the Bible, it would seem that God is just a more highly evolved human.

• Growing up, I didn't know my parents were famous. I just thought they knew everybody. Everyone was always saying, 'Hi, Billy,' 'Hi, Christie.' I thought they were just popular.