Oslo quotes

• As I say, we Norwegians love our woolens, and you can buy some beautiful knitwear in Oslo. They might cost you a bit - but they will last.
    -- Jo Nesbo

#Beautiful #Cost #Oslo

• I worked in a bookstore in Oslo, importing the English-language books.
    -- Per Petterson

#Book #Oslo #Language

• When you choose your profession, you also choose your own downfall or success. If one chooses to become an artist it is 99% certain that it will go to hell. So you should not become that. If you study economics on Oslo, 99% of all students will do very well and 1% will reach the top.
    -- Odd Nerdrum

#Artist #Oslo #Students

• I don’t remember most of the injuries, there have been too many.

• In every branch of knowledge the progress is proportional to the amount of facts on which to build, and therefore to the facility of obtaining data.

• When the logician has resolved each demonstration into a host of elementary operations, all of them correct, he will not yet be in possession of the whole reality, that indefinable something that constitutes the unity ... Now pure logic cannot give us this view of the whole; it is to intuition that we must look for it.

• The Cul-de-Sac ( French for "dead end" ) ... is a situation where you work and work and work and nothing much changes

• But have you never noticed that when one has been trying to do something really good one is much nearer committing some special sin than when one keeps on in the selfish, matter-of-fact prudence of minding one's own business, and that alone?

• I always think of the economy as going down a pretty broad road that has mud on either side - for inflation and deflation. What hurts the market is when we unexpectedly swerve into one of those mud banks.

• I knew people were going to see me see deteriorate before their eyes.

• Pretension almost always overdoes the original, and hence exposes itself.

• I was never in a school situation where someone said, This is the way a photograph is supposed to look. I was completely open to cut them up, or do anything like that. I think if I had been in touch with people earlier, then I wouldn't have felt comfortable doing that. It would have been too bizarre.

• I've had a couple of ghost experiences, but I'm not a big fan of the spiritual side of things, of the ghost type thing. I don't know why, maybe it freaks me out a bit, or I'm more into tangible, physical beings rather than things that can pass through walls.