Viva quotes

• Grand telegraphic discovery today … Transmitted vocal sounds for the first time ... With some further modification I hope we may be enabled to distinguish … the “timbre” of the sound. Should this be so, conversation viva voce by telegraph will be a fait accompli.
    -- Alexander Graham Bell

#Discovery #Sound #Viva

• I still have a steady stream of book cover work. I'm grateful for it. Viva le book!
    -- Chip Kidd

#Book #Grateful #Viva

• Sweet springtime is my time is your time is our time for springtime is love time and viva sweet love.
    -- e. e. cummings

#Love #Sweet #Viva

• Viva Italia! Goodbye to all poor peoples everywhere! ... Pusha da button!
    -- Giuseppe Zangara

#Goodbye #Viva #Buttons

• I am of the opinion which you have always held, that "viva voce" voting at elections is the best method. [Lat., Nam ego in ista sum sententia, qua te fuisse semper scio, nihil ut feurit in suffragiis voce melius.]
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

#Voting #Ego #Viva

• Viva la the New Brigade! Viva la the Old One, too! Viva la, the Rose shall fade, And the Shamrock shine for ever new!
    -- Thomas Davis

#Rose #Shining #Viva

• Amsterdam has more than 150 canals and 1,250 bridges, but it never seems crowded, nor bent and bitter from fleecing the tourist.

• Many track and field people know that if I stay relaxed and run my race like I'm supposed to, I will be the winner at the Olympic Games.

• You are learning too much, remembering too much, trying to hard relax a little bit, give life a chance to flow its own way, unassisted by your mind and effort. Stop directing the river's flow!

• In my ugly, elitist opinion we are not all entitled to voice our opinions, we are entitled to pass along our informed opinions.

• Leaving England was a painful decision, and we still have some regrets about it. However, at that time, the research environment for theoretical chemistry was clearly better in the U.S.

• The intellect is a beautiful servant but a terrible master. Intellect is the power tool of our separateness. The intuitive, compassionate heart is the doorway to our unity.

• Once Brexit has actually been implemented, the world will be a very different place.

• We spend our life, it's ours, trying to bring together in the same instant a ray of sunshine and a free bench

• It’s Fitzgerald’s thin-but-durable urge to affirm that finally makes Gatsby worthy of being our Great American Novel. Its soaring conclusion tells us that, even though Gatsby dies and the small and corrupt survive, his longing was nonetheless magnificent.

• The era of appeasement must come to an end. The political and social demands that dissidents are making of the universities do not flow from sound basic educational criteria, but from strategic considerations on how to radicalize the student body, polarize the campus and extend the privileged enclaves of student power.