Talkative quotes

• My life was over, finished, and I’d never seen Pearl Jam play live

• The path to a better future goes directly through our public schools. I have nothing against private schools, parochial schools and home schooling, and I think that parents with the means and inclination should choose whatever they believe is best for their children. But those choices cannot compete, and cannot come at the expense of what has been -- and what must always be -- the great equalizer in our society, a free and equal public education.

• It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time.

• Diminished circumstances had no effect on his sense of what was honorable: after The Spectator sent him a check for a piece it had accepted but was unable to run for a lack of space, he refused to write for the magazine again.

• I don't want to do anything to revisit Freaks and Geeks that isn't awesome.

• It is important what a man still plans at the end. It shows the measure of injustice in his death.

• If you can laugh at your mistakes, it's a good thing.

• Hitchcock makes it very clear to us. There's an objective and a subjective camera, like there's a third- and a first-person narrator in literature.

• Comparison is the death of joy.

• Lack of time and money create really bad green practices.