Vacillation quotes

• He who has not been at a tavern knows not what a paradise it is. O holy tavern! O miraculous tavern!--holy, because no carking cares are there, nor weariness, nor pain; and miraculous, because of the spits, which themselves turn round and round!

• Motherhood is the greatest potential influence either for good or ill in human life. The mother's image is the first that stamps itself on the unwritten page of the young child's mind. It is her caress that first awakens a sense of security; her kiss, the first realization of affection; her sympathy and tenderness, the first assurance that there is love in the world.

• One of the benefits of being you is: You know that the people who love you, love you for you. They don't love you for who they think you are or who you're pretending to be.

• Of course the illusion of art is to make one believe that great literature is very close to life, but exactly the opposite is true. Life is amorphous, literature is formal.

• In Spain there were no TV rights for Formula One.

• Yesterday was the New York City Marathon. The marathon was won in record time by a Democrat candidate running away from President Obama.

• The space of play and the space of thought are the two theaters of freedom.

• Performing live actually thrills me. Just get me a stage, get me a mic, and I'm going to be happy.

• I try to be careful not to do single concerts where I fly out, do my show, turn around and go home.

• And this is a kiss like none before, a kiss that could overcome the dark of deep space night. It's a falling star, flame, ice. It's pure as water from a snow-fed mountain spring. This is what you dream a kiss to be. To have a kiss just like this each and every day! How satisfying life would be.