Effort And Time quotes

• Street performers, homemade crafts, keep your wallet in your front pocket and don't buy any crap!

• To be successful in my native France, where people speak the same language and understand me, is nothing.

• I do think, however, that there's a very diverse point of view in the African-American community. There's a lot of different voices that need to be heard. I don't claim and pretend to know the thoughts and opinions and ideas of all African-Americans.

• I am sure that if the devil existed, he would want us to feel very sorry for him.

• There's something wonderfully exciting about the quiet sing song of an aeroplane overhead with all the guns in creation lighting out at it, and searchlights feeling their way across the sky like antennae, and the earth shaking snort of the bombs and the whimper of shrapnel pieces when they come down to patter on the roof.

• In projecting the future, I think Apple did a good job of figuring out when the technology was ready to be consumer-grade.

• ... these three witnesses are one, as John said: 'The water, the blood, and the Spirit' (I Jn. 5:8). One in the mystery, not in nature. The water, then, is a witness of burial, the blood is a witness of death, the Spirit is a witness of life. If, then, there be any grace in the water, it is not from the nature of water, but from the presence of the Holy Spirit.

• I have often been asked what I wanted to prove by my photographs. The answer is, I don’t want to prove anything. They prove to me, and I am the one who gets the lesson.

• Before, Europe was about treaties, laws and our sovereign right to govern ourselves. Now, it's about everyday lives.

• Everything must be recaptured and relocated in the general framework of history, so that despite the difficulties, the fundamental paradoxes and contradictions, we may respect the unity of history which is also the unity of life.