Old Hollywood quotes

• On a scale of one to ten, I would rate Elvis eleven.

• It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living.

• Across the board, Australian films need to have a lot more money spent on selling them.

• ... the reason life works at all is that not everyone in your tribe is nuts on the same day. [pp. 65-66]

• Out of Dostoevsky: Kafka. Out of Tolstoy: Margaret Mitchell. (in conversation, explaining his dislike for Tolstoy)

• The price of purity is purists.

• You know, you struggle and cry and moan and thrash around and beat your head against the wall... and then you realize that you're just yourself, and you come to terms with yourself struggling. There are some serious, serious things to deal with in terms of the immensity of the suffering that we humans create for ourselves and for the world around us.

• The way to God is ever within the heart, within the loving heart.

• And it shall be my endeavour to reveal thee in my actions, knowing it is thy power gives me strength to act.

• If the evidence supports the historical accuracy of the gospels, where is the need for faith? And if the historical reliability of the gospels is so obvious, why have so many scholars failed to appreciate the incontestable nature of the evidence?