Poppies quotes

• And far and wide, in a scarlet tide, The poppy's bonfire spread.
    -- Bayard Taylor

#Tides #Poppies #Bonfire

• The sermon is now the true poppy of literature.
    -- David Swing

#Literature #Poppies

• Yes, linseed oil. I used to use poppy oil, but I have heard that poppy oil is given to cracking pigment too, so I use it no longer.
    -- Edward Hopper

#Oil #Use #Poppies

• Reason I know, is only a drug, and, as such, its effects are never permanent. But, like the juice of the poppy, it often gives a temporary relief.
    -- Hope Mirrlees

#Giving #Drug #Poppies

• Marianne's mouth was open in surprise, but Poppy looked murderous. She clutched her reticule as though it contained a weapon. Realizing that it probably held some very sharp knitting needles, Christian reflected that it did.
    -- Jessica Day George

#Christian #Knitting #Poppies

• Shaking herself, Petunia looked around. Several of her sisters had been talking to her, but she hadn't heard them. "And that answers our questions about why he gave himself up," Poppy was saying, a smile turning up one corner of her mouth as she looked at Petunia. "Now if everyone could please avoid saying his name [Oliver], so that Petunia doesn't drift off again...?
    -- Jessica Day George

#Talking #Names #Poppies

• Ask yourself my love whether you are not very cruel to have so entrammelled me, so destroyed my freedom. Will you confess this in the Letter you must write immediately, and do all you can to console me in it — make it rich as a draught of poppies to intoxicate me —write the softest words and kiss them that I may at least touch my lips where yours have been. For myself I know not how to express my devotion to so fair a form: I want a brighter word than bright, a fairer word than fair.
    -- John Keats

#Writing #Kissing #Poppies

• The poppies hung Dew-dabbled on their stalks.
    -- John Keats

#Dew #Poppies #Stalking

• In Flanders fields the poppies blow,
    -- John McCrae

#Blow #Fields #Poppies

• All panegyrics are mingled with an infusion of poppy.
    -- Jonathan Swift

#Poppies #Praise #Infusion

• I survived, carried on, glad to be like a weed, a wild red poppy, rooted in life.
    -- Marilyn Buck

#Weed #Red #Poppies

• Never be afraid to be a poppy in a field of daffodils.
    -- Michaela DePrince

#Fields #Poppies #Daffodil

• his thumbs ran over my cheeks. Our foreheads touched. My dreamscape scorched. He set fire to the poppies
    -- Samantha Shannon

#Fire #Thumbs #Poppies

• Such a blush In the midst of brown was born, Like red poppies grown with corn.
    -- Thomas Hood

#Red #Corn #Poppies

• I listened a little to punk when I was younger, but it was straight edge punk. It was nothing like what is going on now, like poppy punk.
    -- Travis Barker

#Poppies #Littles #Punk

• I was sick of fast, aggressive music; I felt like I needed to make a poppy thing. But, right now, I feel like I need to make a Hawkwind/Sabbath record. It gets boring if you just do the same thing all the time.
    -- Ty Segall

#Sick #Poppies #Needs