Eucharistic quotes

• The institution of royalty in any form is an insult to the human race.

• A friend of mine, that I had known for some time, came up one day with an old guitar. I don't know where he got it, I don't know how long he'd had it, but he knew about two chords on it. He proceeded to teach them to me, and then we proceeded to go crazy over music.

• Excellence in art is to be attained only by active effort, and not by passive impressions; by the manly overcoming of difficulties, by patient struggle against adverse circumstance, by the thrifty use of moderate opportunities. The great artists were not rocked and dandled into eminence, but they attained to it by that course of labor and discipline which no man need go to Rome or Paris or London to enter upon.

• I'd like to make really important movies, like American Beauty. I was really proud to be a part of that movie.

• Heraldry has been contemptuously termed 'the science of fools with long memories.'

• You've a right to believe that we're governed by Nature and the hidden Force within her. You can think that the gods, including my Melitele, are merely a personification of this power invented for simpletons so they can understand it better, accept its existence. According to you, that power is blind. But for me, Geralt, faith allows you to expect what my goddess personifies from nature: order, law, goodness. And hope.

• I am little concerned with beauty or perfection. I don't care for the great centuries. All I care about is life, struggle, intensity.

• The human response it calls for is truly heroic, requiring nothing short of rewiring the entire planet with a new generation of clean-energy technologies - and doing that very soon... Are we, as a species, capable of that kind of deliberate global response?

• If I want to hang out with people, they unfortunately need to be working as often as I am.

• What impresses men is not mind, but the result of mind.