Viktor Frankl quotes

• Viktor Frankl said the Concentration camp survivalist said no matter how much mental or physical abuse had been given nobody could cause him to think about anything he didn't want to think about
    -- Bob Proctor

#Thinking #Viktor Frankl #Abuse

• Half a century ago, the Austrian psychiatrist Viktor Frankl wrote that happiness cannot be attained by wanting to be happy - it must come as the unintended consequence of working for a goal greater than oneself.
    -- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

#Business #Goal #Viktor Frankl

• It's interesting as one grows older to keep in touch with the cutting edge.

• Critical sobriety is out of the question so long as this master of terror-in-the-commonplace exerts his spell.

• The youthful brain should in general not be burdened with things ninety-five percent of which it cannot use and hence forgets again... In many cases, the material to be learned in the various subjects is so swollen that only a fraction of it remains in the head of the individual pupil, and only a fraction of this abundance can find application, while on the other hand it is not adequate for the man working and earning his living in a definite field.

• I'm a comic geek, I love playing video games and I love reading comics.

• I used to do a lot of apologizing for what the State Department had done.

• It is to me a most affecting thing to hear myself prayed for, in particular as I do every day in the week, and disposes me to bear with more composure, some disagreeable circumstances that attend my situation.

• I have not been part of an active counterculture movement, as it is not the approach that I have personally pursued to create a qualitatively beneficial and meaningful impact on society.

• The more technology becomes complicated inside, the more it has to be simple outside.

• In tough times, everyone has to take their share of the pain.

• when you judge the power that is in a person, you must judge their capacities as both friend and as enemy.