You Think You Know quotes

• I don't think of color, I think that anyone wants a master of their skill and be successful knows no color.

• As with Steinitz, Fischer's genius has often been concealed by controversies away from the board. Like Lasker, Fischer has raised chess to new financial heights despite frequent retreats from serious play. And, like Capablanca, Fischer is recognized by millions of non-players and has won the game many new enthusiasts.

• I believe friends enclose us, like a pair of parentheses. Each one knows us differently, each sustains us in a different way.

• Thanks to the greatest invention of recent years, the MP3-playing alarm clock, I can now choose the song that wakes me up in the morning.

• To be good is to be in harmony with oneself. Discord is to be forced to be in harmony with others.

• We must offer ourselves to God like a clean, smooth canvas and not worry ourselves about what God may choose to paint on it, but at each moment, feel only the stroke of His brush.

• Sometimes the truth has difficulty breaching the city walls of our beliefs. A lie, dressed in the correct livery, passes through more easily.

• It's not surprising that truly humanitarian manifestos originate frequently in minority circles or with people whose consciences are troubled by the problems of minorities.

• Look. I was a superhero in the '90s. I said so at the time. McCartney, Weller, Townshend, Richards, my first album's better than all their first albums. Even they'd admit that.

• I hope Barack Obama puts another woman on the Supreme Court. And this time, I hope it's a woman with kids.