Film Directors quotes

• Because he could not afford to fail, he could not afford to trust.

• The coverage of Central America in recent months points up one of the ugly truths about the American press: the better the news, the less of it you get. As the war began to turn against the Communist guerillas in El Salvador, there was a palpable dip in the attention paid to it.

• I don't need the news. If they have a war, I figure someone will tell me.

• True champions aren't always the ones that win, but those with the most guts.

• Congress has not raised the minimum wage since 1997. The minimum wage is now at its lowest level in 50 years adjusted for inflation.

• Truth must be sought at all costs, but separate isolated truths will not do. Truth is like life; it has to be taken on its entirety or not at all. . . . We must welcome truth even if it reproaches and inconveniences us -- even if it appears in the place where we thought it could not be found.

• Therefore, your mistakes and your failures are blessings; opportunities for the best in parenting. And those who point out your mistakes are not your enemies, but the most valuable of friends.

• A stair not worn hollow by footsteps is, regarded from its own point of view, only a boring something made of wood.

• The Republic-of-China - back in the Olympic Games for the first time

• I cannot think that espionage can be recommended as a technique for building an impressive civilization. It's a lout's game.