Embrace Change quotes

• I do not wish to give (women) a first place, still less a second one- but the complete freedom to take their true place, whatever it may be.

• Only liberals know how to make you freer on the job, which is where most of us suffer the gravest indignities in our lives.

• It was so dry in Saskatchewan during the Depression that the trees were chasing the dogs.

• My mother's love has always been a sustaining force for our family, and one of my greatest joys is seeing her integrity, her compassion, her intelligence reflected in my daughters.

• I am very happy and excited to re-sign with the Yankees.

• There's a built-up tension in religion, and if you can release it, you'll get a huge and satisfying laugh.

• It's very hard to be a screenwriter. I remember getting a couple of awards. I got a PEN West award a million years ago when I did Running on Empty, and I sat in the room with all these writers. They wrote everything from novels to non-fiction to children's books to journalism - any kind of writing - and I realized that there was no one in the room who would ever read anything I'd written.

• We can only feel sorry for ourselves when our misfortunes are still supportable. Once this limit is crossed, the only way to bear the unbearable is to laugh at it.

• Where you come from does matter -- but not nearly as much as where you are headed.

• If you are a person this world will seem full of persons. When you are the being you will not feel bound. You will know every being, look in the eyes of every being, and you know, you will recognize yourself. These things are not poetry. They are simple truths. You will experience them. In your heart they will be confirmed.