Others Happiness quotes

• You can't save the world...save YOUR heart. Be a catalyst & create a life where you are powerful. Rebel. Be happy & allow others happiness.
    -- Andy Biersack

#Powerful #Heart #Others Happiness

• I'm pretty much fixated on certain themes. Family, but it's family of choice as much as family of blood. Individuality, yes, but not at the cost of others' happiness. Be true to your friends. Remembering to find some wonder and hope in the world. Basically it boils down to: treat people like you'd like them to treat you, leave the world a little better than it was when you got here, respect others and stand up for those who can't stand up for themselves.
    -- Charles de Lint

#Others Happiness #Blood #People

• ...if I see but one smile on your lips when we meet, occasioned by this or any other exertion of mine, I shall need no other happiness.
    -- Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley

#Others Happiness #Lips #Needs

• As a young woman, I was so eager to please that I served others' happiness and even their values before my own. It didn't earn me love, but it did deliver me to a place where I had to choose between what I thought of myself and what other people did. I chose myself.
    -- Kathryn Harrison

#Others Happiness #People #Young

• Musically, I just think in terms of what's next. There's a lot of things I've always dreamed of doing, and I hope I get to them before I get too deaf.

• An achievement-oriented culture is very pro-employee - it's so much more fun than one that isn't. Excellence is a tremendous amount of fun; mediocrity is not.

• If you woke up that’s a reason to celebrate.

• Oh these little rejections how they add up quickly, one small sideways look and I feel so ungood. Somewhere along the way I think I gave you the power to make me feel the way I thought only my father could.

• Our problems are God's opportunities.

• We always tend to distrust geniuses about genius, as if what they say didn't arouse much empathy in us, or as if we were waiting till some more reliable source of information came along...

• When I was little it was a great time for film-making, with stuff like Mike Nichols' 'Silkwood.' The films you see in that pre-secondary-school stage stay with you in a very particular way.

• World War I broke out largely because of an arms race, and World War II because of the lack of an arms race.

• I find it strangely beautiful that the camera with its inherent clarity of object and detail can produce images that in spite of themselves offer possibilities to be more than they are a photograph of nothing very important at all, nothing but an intuition, a response, a twitch from the photographer’s experience.

• Within days they'd formed an unholy alliance with a foppish young French vampire in the Garden District who had implausibly golden hair and a streak of ruthlessness as wide as the Mississippi