Trainspotting quotes

• I loved being in Trainspotting and having to dive into the filthiest toilet in Scotland.
    -- Ewan McGregor

#Scotland #Trainspotting #Toilets

• I didn't have any concept of Trainspotting being published. It was a selfish act. I did it for myself.
    -- Irvine Welsh

#Selfish #Trainspotting #Selfishness

• When I started off with Trainspotting, it was the way the characters came to me. That's how they sounded to me. It seemed pretentious to sound any other way. I wasn't making any kind of political statement.
    -- Irvine Welsh

#Character #Political #Trainspotting

• I like to razz the Trekkies a little bit. Who doesn't? It's trainspotting, isn't it? But they are very well-meaning, actually. I've done a couple of Star Trek conventions, and they've only been really welcoming.
    -- Malcolm McDowell

#Stars #Couple #Trainspotting

• Every film I've ever worked on, and that includes 'Braveheart' and 'Trainspotting,' I've always witnessed a director having a breakdown. Every director will have a day, without exception, where they just can't do it anymore, they don't know what to say to their cameraman, their cast. It's the sign of real, physical exhaustion.
    -- Peter Mullan

#Real #Trainspotting #Directors

• Danny Boyle has been a huge, has had a huge effect on me. His movies, early movies like Trainspotting and those movies. So I've always loved the energies of those movies. But also, that they are very focused on the characters. Cause it's not only gimmickery, it's not only about visuals. You feel a real need, a love for the main characters. So that's what I've always loved about watching movies myself.
    -- Fredrik Bond

#Real #Character #Trainspotting

• I'm not excusing crime or those who bring poison into the community, but I do want brothers and sisters in prison to know someone cares.

• I never loved the world around me as it was.

• The term bohemian has a bad reputation because it's allied to myriad clichés, but Parisians originally adopted the term, associated with nomadic Gypsies, to describe artists and writers who stayed up all night and ignored the pressures of the industrial world.

• In any event, colonization and the grant of lands were provincial matters.

• Just a reminder - a guidebook is no substitute for skill, experience, judgment and lots of tension.

• In beloved Iraq, blood is flowing between brothers, in the shadow of an illegitimate foreign occupation, and abhorrent sectarianism threatens a civil war.

• ...yet a memory cannot be trusted, for so much of the experience of the past is determined by the experience of the present.

• I'm not insane, sir. I have a finely calibrated sense of acceptable risk.

• Once you get on stage, everything is right. I feel the most beautiful, complete, fulfilled. I think that's why, in the case of noncompromising career women, parts of our personal lives don't work out. One person can't give you the feeling that thousands of people give you.

• Fear is very often a part of the spiritual path. When people sit down and meditate it's not at all uncommon for fear to arise at some point.