Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me quotes

• A half-truth is the most cowardly of lies.

• Branding is overrated.

• The greatest contribution jazz has made in music has been to replace the role of the conductor with a member of the ensemble who, instead of waving his arms to keep time and convey mood, is an active member of the musical statement. That person is the drummer.

• Most of the strength and the leadership skills and the decisiveness, the resoluteness that I think America was craving from Donald Trump, from a leader, is the same in public as it is in private.

• It sounds morbid, but because my mother knew she was dying, she discussed with us her not being there, and it helped me and my brother deal with her passing that much better.

• Never again should Ghanaians have to resort to dubious means to get to, or live in, foreign lands, simply to make a living.

• I once heard a theologian remark that in the Gospels people approached Jesus with a question 183 times whereas he replied with a direct answer only three times. Instead, he responded with a different question, a story, or some other indirection. Evidently Jesus wants us to work out answers on our own, using the principles that he taught and lived.

• As usual, it occurred to me that words were the only thing that could possibly save me from this situation. This was a characteristic misunderstanding on my part. When action was needed, I was absorbed in words; for words proceeded with such difficulty from my mouth that I was intent on them and forgot all about action. It seemed to me that actions, which are dazzling, varied things, must always be accompanied by equally dazzling and equally varied words.

• You’re not the one having a hard time in the battlefield. The enemy’s also having a hard time—the only question is who breaks down first.

• The government doesn't really prosecute for polygamy anymore, but a lot of the arrests are of groups supporting themselves through welfare scams or for child abuse. So that was all I'd really heard about polygamists.