Biodiversity quotes

• When people tell me they're trying to meditate, I always know they don't have a format yet that works. I encourage a real meditative format that you use daily, because meditation is incremental and it only works if done every day.

• If I had the flag that Betsy Ross worked so hard on, I wouldn't destroy it. I'd put it up on EBay because it's gotta be worth some serious coin. And that is the American way.

• The silver Thames takes some part of this county in its journey to Oxford.

• My father used to tell us, 'You will have to work twice as hard to get what you want.

• Years from now, years and years, one of those ships will bring me back, me and my nine Brazilian brats. Because yes, they must see this, these lights, the river -- I love New York, even though it isn't mine, the way something has to be, a tree or a street or a house, something, anyway, that belongs to me because I belong to it.

• The assailant is often in the right; the assailed is always.

• Independent bread gives independent morals: - while pecuniary dependence makes moral subserviency; - So get money - get wealth

• But I listen to live recordings of things that I did back in the '70s and then how I've done things since. And there's no doubt about it: if I compare the two, it's like chalk and cheese.

• We must recognize the full human equality of all our people - before God, before the law, and in the councils of government. We must do this not because it is economically advantageous - although it is; not because the laws of God and man command it - although they do command it; not because people in other lands wish it so. We must do it for the single and fundamental reason that it is the right thing to do.

• The things you do not have to say make you rich. Saying the things you do not have to say weakens your talk. Hearing the things you do not have to hear dulls your hearing. And the things you know before you hear them; these are you and the reason you are in the world.