Paddy quotes

• A champion hates to lose even more than she loves to win.

• Beware of what you let enter your heart. There will come a day when you'd give anything to remove it.

• And when my body shall cease, my soul will still be yours, Claire? I swear by my hope of heaven, I will not be parted from you." The wind stirred the leaves of the chestnut trees nearby, and the scents of late summer rose up rich around us; pine and grass and strawberries, sun-warmed stone and cool water, and the sharp, musky smell of his body next to mine. "Nothing is lost, Sassenach; only changed." "That's the first law of thermodynamics," I said, wiping my nose. "No," he said. "That's faith.

• We have women in the military, but they don't put us in the front lines. They don't know if we can fight, if we can kill. I think we can. All the general has to do is walk over to the women and say, 'You see the enemy over there? They say you look fat in those uniforms.'

• Whites already know blacks are stupid, violent, destructive apelike creatures. That is why Whites move away from them -- always.

• There is no love, there is only the lie we tell ourselves that things are more important than they actually are, that our lives will have meaning beyond all the other lives that have come before us and been forgotten, that there is hope in any of this.

• Comme des Garcons is a gift to oneself, not something to appeal or to attract the opposite sex

• Love is a flaming heart, and its flames aspire / Till they cloud the soul in the smoke of a windy fire.

• Better to die than live in sleep.

• Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.