Fixation quotes

• The common sense of the word (navy) as we use it today refers to a permanent fighting service made up of ships designed for war, manned by professionals and supported by an adminsistrative and technical infrastructure. A navy in this sense is only one possible method of making war at sea, and by some way the most difficult and the most recent. There have in the past been, and to some extent still are, many other ways of generating sea power.

• The closet door is open for me, where I left it, since I left it open, it has graciously stayed open.

• Pizza makes me think that anything is possible.

• Most inspiration still comes from bicycling around San Francisco. This city never fails to inspire me. It is one of the most vibrant cities - especially visually - with a constant influx of young energy arriving daily. I love it.

• We all have a Wonder Woman inside us.

• In our rushing, bulls in china shops, we break our own lives.

• The problems of peace are greater than the problems of war.

• I'm trying to trick people into thinking about the unthinkable by using pop culture images.

• I knew I needed surgery and I didn't want to have it and I ended up having it.

• Most people aren't happy about being consistent and staying at the same place for years. People want forward progress and motion.