Bali quotes

• A great advantage of X-ray analysis as a method of chemical structure analysis is its power to show some totally unexpected and surprising structure with, at the same time, complete certainty.

• Honduras has one of the highest murder rates in the world. The drug trade is responsible for much of that.

• My son, by all means desist from kicking the venerable and enlightened Vizier: for as a costly jewel retains its value even if hidden in a dung-hill, so old age and discretion are to be respected even in the vile persons of our subjects. Desist therefore, and tell us what you desire and propose.

• Because simplicity isn't the greatest thing in the world, but love.

• We should be leading, and we’re not. We need to get serious about broadband, we need to get serious about competition, we need to get serious about our country.

• Diplomacy is the only clear answer to the current situation. There is no legal basis for referring Iran to the Security Council. But if that were to happen Iran is not afraid.

• I prioritize people. This grounds me and reminds me of my place in the world.

• Good teams focus on the task at hand. They don't care what's happened the last 13 days, they worry about today and they worry about getting better. That's what good teams do.

• Hate is a lack of imagination.

• You can't solve a problem as complex as inequality in one legal clause.