Fencing quotes

• I think when portraying someone that does exist in real life, there's an amount of respect and you want to do them justice. I don't really care what anybody says out there about what I did in the film; I care what these guys thought about what I did. If I'm making them happy, then I know I'm on the right track.

• You describe your reality in the highest resolution even when it’s a nightmare and in doing so, you live your own life, not a cliche others have formulated for you.

• My past behaviour makes me cringe.

• Half a century ago, the amazing courage of Rosa Parks, the visionary leadership of Martin Luther King, and the inspirational actions of the civil rights movement led politicians to write equality into the law and make real the promise of America for all her citizens.

• There is no such thing as a stationary tradition. Traditions are always developing, living things.

• I believe in love the verb, not the noun.

• I've always liked older ladies, ever since my mother would have B'nai B'rith at our house.

• A kid is a guy I never wrote down to. He's interested in what I say if I make it interesting.

• They all talked at once, their voices insistent and contradictory and impatient, making of unreality a possibility, then a probability, then an incontrovertible fact, as people will when their desires become words.

• The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have.