Family Tradition quotes

• ...But I don't think I'm the only person who is tired of books and movies full of paper-doll characters you don't care about, who have no self-respect and no respect for anybody or any institution....And I don't want to sound preachy or Victorian, but I'm tired of amorality in fiction and in real life. Immorality is a fascinating human dilemma that creates suspense for the readers and tension for the characters, but where is the tension in an amoral situation? When people have no personal code, nothing is threatening and nothing is meaningful.

• For me, the hardest part is taking lessons, and it's hard teaching an old dog new tricks, so part of my re-teaching myself is opening my mind too. I just want to get better and I think there's nothing wrong with wanting to get better.

• Failures teach you more, there's always something fundamental about them.

• We do as much, we eat as much, we want as much.

• The United States is willing to exert strong leadership to give diplomacy its very best chance to succeed.

• To be fond of dancing was a certain step towards falling in love.

• I wrote the Brotherhood song for no money out of my deep feelings about humanity, and because I was flattered that whatever talents I had, had been recognized.

• Don't say Aretha is making a comeback, because I've never been away!

• Every week for me was the same audience, and every week they heckled me. The better I got at comedy, the better the audience was at heckling me. But it helped me with my joke writing.

• Vitamins are medicine for not getting sick and going back to Heaven yet.