Outer Beauty quotes

• If life has taught me one thing, it's that there are no villains. Only people, doing their best.

• With a positive attitude, you can be anything you want to be.

• I think of filmmaking as a form of communication. Maybe it's also an art, but that's for somebody else to decide.

• If you're 'stuck' right now, you're probably into fear. Get out of there. You've already looked both ways. Now cross the street, for heaven sake. The cars have long since gone. The coast is clear. Your only obstacle now is your own mind.

• The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

• Medicine is of all the Arts the most noble; but, owing to the ignorance of those who practice it, and of those who, inconsiderately, form a judgment of them, it is at present behind all the arts.

• The view that women are infantile and emotional creatures, and as such, incapable of responsibility and independence is the work of the masculine tendency to lower women's self-respect.

• I died as a mineral and became a plant, I died as a plant and rose to animal, I died as an animal and I was Man. Why should I fear? When was I less by dying?

• We know that behind every image revealed there is another image more faithful to reality, and in the back of that image there is another, and yet another behind the last one, and so on, up to the true image of that absolute, mysterious reality that no one will ever see.

• The riches of scholarship, the benignities of literature, defy fortune and outlive calamity. They are beyond the reach of thief or moth or rust. As they cannot be inherited, so they cannot, be alienated.