Egomaniacs quotes

• I was wrong, however, to suppose that Sellers thought the world revolved around him. He thought the cosmos did too, and history, and the fates... Like every egomaniac, he behaved as if everybody else spent their day being as interested in him as he was.
    -- Clive James

#Fate #Egomaniacs #Cosmos

• Performing doesn't turn me on. It's an egomaniac business, filled with prima donnas - including this one.
    -- Dan Rather

#Business #Egomaniacs #Performing

• It's much better when I go out with my mates and we stop talking about me like I'm some sort of egomaniac. It's great when we can just have a drink.
    -- Dido Armstrong

#Talking #Egomaniacs #Drink

• There will never be a reunion, as I will never do anything with an ***** like Will Smith. He is still an egomaniac and has not grown up. This constant reunion thing will never ever happen in my lifetime unless there is an apology, which he doesn't know the word.
    -- Janet Hubert

#Apology #Egomaniacs #Lifetime

• Steve Jobs had his critics. Some saw him as an egomaniac, and others, as a control freak.
    -- Kevin O'Leary

#Jobs #Saws #Egomaniacs

• If you're a writer, you have to be an egomaniac. You have to just believe in yourself, which is hard work.
    -- James Purdy

#Believe #Hard Work #Egomaniacs

• No one really wants to be laughed at.

• Baseball is almost the only orderly thing in a very unorderly world. If you get three strikes, even the best lawyer in the world can't get you off.

• I am who I am. In politics when you treat people well and they know you're honest, straight and sincere, I think it's an advantage. Just because somebody comes from a hard-boiled political culture doesn't make him a good U.S. senator.

• Managing is getting paid for home runs that someone else hits.

• But certainly the laser proved to be what I realized it was going to be. At that moment in my life I was too ignorant in business law to be able to do it right, and if I did it over again probably the same damn thing would happen.

• The most important thing is transforming our minds, for a new way of thinking, a new outlook: we should strive to develop a new inner world.

• We must prepare the ground for creativity. And if this also gives rise later to success in the economic sense, success in terms of Euros and Cents, this will by no means reduce my joy.

• Death is a door. When we close our eyes in this life, we will open our eyes to Jesus.

• The most colossal display of wise, inspiring, and humorous metaphors ever exhibited in one place.

• There are some places so beautiful they can make a grown man break down and weep.