Upstate New York quotes

• My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.

• We must all take care to resist the tendency to focus too much attention on the role that criminals and prior offenders play in gun violence.

• We come crawling through these cracks, orphans, lobotomies; if you ask me what I want, I'll tell you. I want everything. Whole rotten world come down and break. Let me spread my legs.

• Give a man a suicide bomb, he blows up once. Teach a man to suicide bomb, he also blows up once.

• If you're emotional and you're great at something, the money will follow.

• After close to a year of traveling, I had seen things in the world and in myself, both good and bad, that I had never noticed before. I was struggling daily with pride and insecurity, homesickness and loneliness, with the burden of picking up my cross and following Jesus. This journey produced a new hunger for redemption in me.

• Pain and suffering, they are a secret. Kindness and love, they are a secret. But I have learned that kindness and love can pay for pain and suffering.

• He has the power to render us happy or unhappy; to make our service light or burdensome; a pleasure or a toil. Say that his power lies in words and looks; in things so slight and insignificant that it is impossible to add and count 'em up: what then? The happiness he gives, is quite as great as if it cost a fortune.

• Tomorrow gives a beck'ning hand-- I turn my face away; I'll not invite her to my home-- I only love Today.

• I'm probably the only kid in history whose parents made him stop taking music lessons. They made me stop studying the accordion.