Stained Glass quotes

• Theater, art, literature, cinema, press, posters, and window displays must be cleansed of all manifestations of our rotting world and placed in the service of a moral, political, and cultural idea.

• Things are so much global and Americanised.

• I like the fact that a modern television and modern drama on cable has characters that are really intricate and deep and have multiple layers.

• All human beings go through a previous life... Who knows how many fleshly forms the heir of heaven occupies before he can be brought to understand the value of that silence and solitude of spiritual worlds?

• Surprise makes a joke funny. I love it when someone tells me something I couldn't possibly have expected; you've been led along one path and - bang! - the joke comes out of nowhere.

• Leaders respond & change; the rest quit and blame.

• In my movies, there has been little to do in the way of animal rights. I have never worked in a movie with animals. No horse-riding, no trained dogs, lions, bears. A few actors, but what could I do? We had to have them.

• Emotion without reason lets people walk all over you; reason without emotion is a mask for cruelty.

• The first time I met Wayne Gretzky... he never said anything back.

• Just as with running, there were days that I didnt feel like writing; I wrote anyways.