Emmett Till quotes

• We are all individuals. I can't eat for you and you can't eat for me. I can't sleep for you and you can sleep for me. We are absolutely all individuals. When our purpose is fulfilled, it feels beautiful. That is, to me, the feeling of fulfillment.

• Medications almost always do it better if they're used in conjunction with other supports.

• My own image of my work is that I no sooner settle into something than a break occurs. These breaks are always painful and depressing but despite them I see that there's a consistency that holds out, but is hard to define.

• Everyone in Afghanistan and Pakistan is a potential target. My heart goes out to the UN family in Afghanistan: in spite of everything, they are showing fortitude. But they will need the support of the whole world at this difficult time.

• My four-year-old daughter regularly requests reading Book One [the March] at bedtime; the methods of reading, delivering, and processing the book's content vary according to a kid's age and developmental level, but she's deeply affected by the story, asking follow-up questions for days.

• As the eldest in the family, I'm used to making unpopular decisions.

• Born again?! No, I'm not. Excuse me for getting it right the first time.

• Your responses to the events of life are more important than the events themselves.

• I don't think we use television the way we should or the way the inventors intended.

• I can always tell when the mother in law's coming to stay; the mice throw themselves on the traps.