Exploding quotes

• The simulated approval and affection with which parents and teachers are often urged to solve behavior problems are counterfeit. So are flattery, backslap-ping, and many other ways of "winning friends.

• Hollywood industry people are very spoiled. I don't think they can adjust to the insane, no-money, super-hard working tradition of Japanese filmmaking. I don't think any American can go through that. They don't want to work more than twelve hours and they want Saturday and Sunday off.

• I just had my 30th birthday and we went turkey shooting. It's what I wanted to do, so we went.

• With rare exceptions, all of your most important achievements on this planet will come from working with others- or, in a word, partnership.

• There are things you don't do in life. You don't tug on superman's cape.

• It is the absolutism of theism, its pernicious influence upon humanity, its paralyzing effect upon thought and action, which Atheism is fighting with all its power.

• There is no man who desires as passionately as a Russian. If we could imprison a Russian desire beneath a fortress, that fortress would explode.

• I appreciate an audience that reacts to the music, even if they jump on stage and try to beat us up, I think that's a fantastic reaction. I think that they're really hearing something then.

• I have always held firmly to the thought that each one of us can do a little to bring some portion of misery to an end.

• It was a hobby I got into a long time ago, hacking cameras. I was able to make my own using different lenses.