Plowing quotes

• Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.
    -- Benjamin Franklin

#Plowing #Right To Bear Arms #Self Defense

• She remembered was hope was, and this was it. That inner churning that moves you forward, plows you through life the way the boats plowed the shiny water, the way the plane was plowing forward to a place new, and where she was needed.
    -- Elizabeth Strout

#Moving #Water #Plowing

• The most peaceful thing in the world is plowing a field. Chances are you’ll do your best thinking that way.
    -- Harry S. Truman

#Thinking #Peaceful #Plowing

• Easy for you to say. You’re the one who got plowed. I was doing the plowing.
    -- J. Lynn

#Plowing #Easy

• Let me arrest thy thoughts; wonder with me, why plowing, building, ruling and the rest, or most of those arts, whence our lives are blest, by cursed Cain's race invented be, and blest Seth vexed us with Astronomy.
    -- John Donne

#Art #Race #Plowing

• I didn't grow up on the porch of a cabin looking out over the 90 acres that the mule was plowing with Paw-Paw playing the banjo. But I was always interested in folk music.
    -- Ketch Secor

#Growing Up #Cabins #Plowing

• One who never turned his back but marched breast forward, never doubted clouds would break, Never dreamed, though right were worsted, wrong would triumph, Held we fall to rise, are baffled to fight better, sleep to wake.

• I never want to feel like I've achieved my goal. It's like Chinese farmers. They never admit that it's a good season. They feel like they'll be punished.

• Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

• By failing to read or listen to poets, society dooms itself to inferior modes of articulation, those of the politician, the salesman, or the charlatan. In other words, it forfeits its own evolutionary potential. For what distinguishes us from the rest of the animal kingdom is precisely the gift of speech. Poetry is not a form of entertainment and in a certain sense not even a form of art, but it is our anthropological, genetic goal. Our evolutionary, linguistic beacon.

• People in life quote as they please, so we have the right to quote as we please. Therefore I show people quoting, merely making sure that they quote what pleases me

• No, actually 'The Host' was totally a palate-cleanser for me. I wanted to do something a little bit different than romantic love. Romantic love is in there, obviously, because I enjoy writing about that and living it a lot.

• There is no company - no corporation on earth that engages in accounting fraud to the extent the Imperial Federal Government of the United Sates does. Not many congressmen are willing to come forward with the details.

• I will believe that what God has placed inside me is superior to the mountains that stand in my way

• Hard work pays off. When someone tells you otherwise, beware the sales pitch for something "fast and easy" that's about to come next. The greater your capacity for hard work, the more rewards fall within your grasp. The deeper you can dig, the more treasure you can potentially find.

• I promote peace and positivity.