Prepositions quotes

• Violence, and evil, doesn't always come dressed in black, and it doesn't always look like Charles Manson. Nor does it always come to us as obvious and arrogant[...]. Often it comes to us with the simple plea to be reasonable.

• While you'll feel compelled to charge forward it's often a gentle step back that will reveal to you where you and what you truly seek.

• We can easily become as much slaves to precaution as we can to fear. Although we can never rivet our fortune so tight as to make it impregnable, we may by our excessive prudence squeeze out of the life that we are guarding so anxiously all the adventurous quality that makes it worth living.

• Communications devices were always used to effect change, to effect revolution. Telephone, telegraph - these all seemed like very big enhancements at the time.

• I'm not a trained dancer in the slightest.

• I don't know if the camera likes me, but I do like the camera.

• The reader must come armed , in a serious state of intellectual readiness. This is not easy because he comes to the text alone. In reading, one's responses are isolated, one'sintellect thrown back on its own resourses. To be confronted by the cold abstractions of printed sentences is to look upon language bare, without the assistance of either beauty or community. Thus, reading is by its nature a serious business. It is also, of course, an essentially rational activity.

• I think backwards. "This was beautiful." Instead of forward.

• Without men, civilization would last until the oil needed changing.

• I like working with an actor who doesn't do the oneupmanship. One who has no trick and gives a true, honest performance.