Zoologist quotes

• Times have changed since a certain author was executed for murdering his publisher. They say that when the author was on the scaffold he said good-bye to the minister and to the reporters, and then he saw some publishers sitting in the front row below, and to them he did not say good-bye. He said instead, "I'll see you again."

• Equality of rights means that some people cannot simply impose obligations on others, for the moral agency and rights of those others would then be violated.

• In the snow outside my window I see a small green frog, one eye blinking and the other wide open, unmoving, looking at me . I know this is God.

• As a means of dispensing formulated ignorance our boasted public school system is not without merit; it spreads out education sufficiently thin to give everyone enough to make him a more competent fool than he would have been without it...

• Our real calling to be a compassionate Christian came when we stepped out of the waters of baptism… We don’t need a bishop’s assignment to be kind. We don’t need to sign up to be thoughtful. We don’t need to be sustained by our wards to be sensitive.

• At an early age Jesse often said he wanted to be a soldier, and before long he was one. He was there with his military brotherhood, fighting terrorism there so we wouldn't have to fight it here.

• I published only in academic journals in philosophy until I was in my 40s, but I had been writing fiction and poetry my whole adult life - without ever once trying to publish it, and rarely letting anyone read it.

• Most of the AI goes into figuring which are the important pages you want. And to some extent what your query means, and what you're likely to be after based on your previous behavior and other information it collects about you.

• Many people have said many things. I can only say I did not consciously go after dance. It found me.

• I’ll work my way from irony to sincerity in the sinking city, a would-be Whitman of the vulnerable grid.