Keeping Your Mouth Shut quotes

• Look carefully through all the claims pressing upon you in your complicated life, and decide once and for all what it is that is the one really important and overmastering duty in it, and should be the one dominating aim. Then remember that if you succeed in that, the others, so multifarious, are really no more than the fringe of the garment, and that you need not spend so much anxiety over them, provided that the one most important is faithfully attended to.

• You can be extremely bright and still have dyslexia. You just have to understand how you learn and how you process information. When you know that, you can overcome a lot of the obstacles that come with dyslexia. When you figure out how you learn, you can accomplish whatever you want.

• I'm not against the corporations. They are our wealth. But they are getting too greedy. I don't want to do away with corporations. I want them to make our cars, however, not our laws.

• I like to do things for my wife on Valentine's Day. I open the door for her when she puts laundry in the washing machine.

• I've seen people with a tremendous amount of educational background in the field not turn out to be terribly good actors, and I've seen people with no education in the field turn out to be people that I admire quite a bit

• Well, you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying.

• I believe that there is a very strong chance that we will see that young people will be put into mandatory service. And the real concerns is that there are provisions for what I would call re-education camps for young people, where young people have to go and get trained in a philosophy that the government puts forward and then they have to go to work in some of these politically correct forums.

• (Peace!) Piece of what? You can't mean P-E-A-C-E Cause I've seen people on the streets Shoot the next man and turn around and say 'peace.' But that's leaving people in pieces It's not what the meaning of peace is.

• It is our duty never to speak ill of others, you know; least of all when we know that to do so will be the cause of much pain and trouble.

• It might otherwise appear paradoxical that money can be replaced by worthless paper; but that the slightest alloying of its metallic content depreciates it.