You Re So Beautiful quotes

• ...and he smiled a lot. The smile did not mean that he was happy. It meant he was stronger than most people, and that he intended to take advantage of it.

• Every time we buy something we deepen our emotional deprivation and hence our need to buy something.

• If there's any place where you would express your deepest doubts, it would be church.

• Some artists see a gig as an audience worshipping them. I think it is about having a great time together. I have a part as the singer. An audience has a part. Playing a gig doesn't make me high on myself.

• I believe in ghosts and spirits, and I believe that they can possess you.

• I believe in always having goals, and always setting them high.

• [How to think about a problem:] The first step is to make the problem specific . . . ; The second step is to form theories freely of how to rid yourself of that burden . . . ; The third step is to develop in foresight the consequences of your proposals . . . ; The fourth and final step in thinking is to compare the consequences of your proposals to see which is best in the light of your scheme of life as a whole . . . ; Whether you choose a vacation or a spouse, a party or a candidate, a cause to contribute to or a creed to live by - think!

• My mom and dad played this music all the time when I was growing up, so to me songs by Jerry Lee and Fats Domino are the classics, they're the best songs ever.

• When people start copying your style, you know that something must be happening.

• I'm really lucky to have my brother because I know a lot of teenagers, and even adults, aren't as close to their siblings. Working in Hollywood definitely does bring us together and gives us something to connect on. I had an audition yesterday and he came by before and ran my sides with me. Being able to work on things together is really cool and it gives us something to have in common.