Three Sisters quotes

• Poetry examines an emotional truth. It's an experience filtered through the personality of the poet. We look to poetry for visions, not scientific truths. The poet's job is to combine new elements. Explore their melting, seeping into one another.

• America is still the No. 1 killer in the world.

• If one feels the need of something grand, something infinite, something that makes one feel aware of God, one need not go far to find it.

• I'm always so excited about what I do that I try to get everyone to feel that way.

• In a political struggle, never get personal - else the dagger digs too deep.

• But it then very soon became clear that the response of a war against terrorism, initially conceived of in a metaphorical sense, began to be taken increasingly seriously and came to entail waging a real war.

• One should see that all appearance is like mist and fog.

• Who really benefits from discouragement? More often than not, encouragement is exactly what is needed.

• And we've got to ask ourselves some very serious questions as to whether or not certain religious leaders, in terms of raising money - I hate to bring this up - are pushing hot buttons.

• I committed the first crime by creating men as mortals. After that, what more could you do, you the murderers? Come on; they already had death in them: at most you simply hastened things a little.