Taming quotes

• So I was always around music and my dad was in his own way a progressive jazzer, a big band jazzer guy.

• You can't jam change down the American people's throat.

• All that mattered was that something had struck the match, and Gansey was burning.

• Management is a curious phenomenon. It is generously paid, enormously influential, and significantly devoid of common sense

• I discovered that men were just like everyone else, really. They liked you if you were good-tempered and easy to talk to. And being a big girl meant other females trusted you more and confided in you.

• If you don't deal with your emotions, one day your emotions will deal with you.

• You know, I used to say that it's really tough to get out of the top 100, you know? So I proved to everybody that it's not so tough, it's pretty easy.

• I thought she was going to win it, she just got out-bobbed at the wire.

• The place is good. How good, one must have circumnavigated the globe to discover. Why not stay? Take root? But roots are chains. I have a terror of losing my freedom. Free, without ties, unpossessed by any possessions, free to do as one will, to go at a moment's notice wherever the fancy may suggest--it is good. But so is this place. Might it not be better? To gain freedom one sacrifices something [...] and all that these things and people signify. One sacrifices something--for a greater gain in knowledge, in understanding, in intensified living? I sometimes wonder.

• In the life of a singer, it's not all triumphs and happy memories; there are days you have to go out there when it's the last thing you feel like doing.