Ezekiel quotes

• The path to obesity is paved with bacon and white bread; the way to skinny is built on apples and Ezekiel.
    -- Bob Harper

#White #Apples #Ezekiel

• But I and others, who are right-minded Christians on all points, are assured that there will be a resurrection of the dead, and a thousand years in Jerusalem, which will then be built, adorned, and enlarged, [as] the prophets Ezekiel and Isaiah and others declare.
    -- Justin Martyr

#Christian #Years #Ezekiel

• Significantly, God in Genesis 1 pronounces the rest of creation "good" before humanity is created. The psalmist and the prophets Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel can speak of mountains, trees, sun, and moon praising God. Unlike an office complex or gymnasium, which have no value if people do not inhabit them, creation can glorify and bring God delight apart from human presence.
    -- Rodney Clapp

#Moon #Ezekiel #Office

• We (the FBI) are a fact-gathering organization only. We don't clear anybody. We don't condemn anybody.

• Oldboy makes us feel a part of something bigger than ourselves. It's a grand, gritty, indelible experience, the sort of picture that mimics great literature in the way it envelops you in a well-told story while also evoking subtle but strong gradations of emotion.

• I think it's a sensible thing not to read your fan mail - not to take it too seriously.

• As a kid, image played a huge part. I'm sure most kids find the image of the guitarist exciting.

• To understand the intensity of driving an F1 car, you have to be in it.

• Her eyes opened then. They were drowsy, slumberous, staring up at him with a hunger that was impossible to miss. “I felt you,” she whispered, a smile tilting her moist lips. “Watching me. Should I feel you watching me?” Was she asleep or awake? “Of course.” He found the growl building in his throat. “Every time I look at you, baby, I touch you.

• I settled in with The Uninvited Guests thinking I knew what kind of Edwardian pleasures were in store: the fraught dinner party in an endangered, rambling house, the feuding family, the rich suitor, the disruptive visitors. The novel has all of those delightful things, but it also defied every one of my expectations. I saw none of it coming. I read it in one breathless sitting, and finished wanting to give it to everyone I know.

• I had thought everyone in the electronic world would be so laid back, but there's as many cliques and prejudices as any other world.

• When I was 15, I started playing first class cricket and always dreamt of being a Test cricketer, wanted to do something for the country, married in 1995, have 2 kids it's been great.

• Memory... is an internal rumor.