Vedas quotes

• May liberal men abound with us! May our knowledge of the Vedas and our progeny increase! May faith not forsake us! May we have much to give to the needy.
    -- Guru Nanak

#Men #Giving #Vedas

• There is no doctrine of Christianity but what has been anticipated by the Vedas.
    -- Horace Greeley

#Atheism #Vedas #Doctrine

• Access to the Vedas is the greatest privilege this century may claim over all previous centuries.
    -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

#Vedas #May #Privilege

• Learning from books and teachers is like traveling by carriage, so we are told in the Veda. But, the carriage will serve only while one is on the highroad. He who reaches the end of the highroad will leave the carriage and walk afoot.
    -- Johannes Itten

#Teacher #Book #Vedas

• Women were forbidden to study the most ancient sacred text, the Veda,
    -- Wendy Doniger

#Sacred #Vedas #Study

• The Vedas inform us that because God is absolute, there is no difference between God the person and His holy name; the name is God.
    -- Mukunda Goswami

#Names #Differences #Vedas

• Hindu fundamentalism is a contradiction in terms, since Hinduism is a religion without fundamentals; there is no such thing as a Hindu heresy. How dare a bunch of goondas shrink the soaring majesty of the Vedas and the Upanishads to the petty bigotry of their brand of identity politics?
    -- Shashi Tharoor

#Identity Politics #Vedas #Fundamentals

• Increasingly, search is our mechanism for how we understand ourselves, our world, and our place within it.

• I'm a professional singer. I have a theory that all actors want to be rock stars, and all rock stars want to be actors. I spent my whole school life forming boy bands.

• The reason for privacy is not so that people will not know you go to the bathroom. It's to allow certain things to go on that you don't want other people to know about, when all is said and done. But the things I don't want other people to know about are not my sex life.

• Materialism means simply the denial that the moral order is eternal, and the cutting off of ultimate hopes; spiritualism means theaffirmation of an eternal moral order and the letting loose of hope.

• I was always anti-marriage. I didn't understand monogamy. I couldn't figure out how that could last. And then I met Bryn and I started to understand the beauty of constancy and history and change and going on the roller coaster with someone - of having a partner in life.

• The most rewarding possible thing that a songwriter or an artist of any kind can experience is to hear firsthand from the mouth of somebody else that they don't know the weight or gravity or intensity that something they've made has brought out in somebody else's life. It's simultaneously flattering and humbling. It makes me so thankful that I've been so lucky to be able to do this work.

• I'm so glad to be grouped with the men you've seen in rotten shape. My hope is that someday I will reach the pinnacle of that appalling list.

• The democratic thought is based on that 'ordinary people' are suitable to rule themselves.

• I love Koscielny, I’ve seen him a lot. He has good leg speed, which reminds me of Lilian [Thuram]. The last time we spoke I told him to work hard and he’ll become one of the best defenders in the world. He’s at the standard of a Vidic or Pique. I mean that sincerely.

• What does it say, 'I beat Meryl,'