Zion quotes

• The first time I read the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, my instinctive reaction was, so what’s wrong with THAT?  Isn’t that the way any master plan should work?  Doesn’t the public deserve - nay, demand - such despotism?
    -- Anton Szandor LaVey

#Zion #Demand #Way

• Far be it for me to imagine that Zion contains none but Calvinistic Christians within her walls, or that there are none saved who do not hold our views
    -- Charles Spurgeon

#Christian #Wall #Zion

• The Lord recently spoke a powerful word to me, 'No more delay!' This word has many applications, which the Lord led me to release as a series of prophetic decrees during Glory of Zion’s recent Head of The Year Conference.
    -- Dutch Sheets

#Powerful #Zion #Years

• I testify to you that God's hand has been in our destiny. I testify that freedom as we know it today is being threatened as never before in our history. I further witness that this land-the Americas-must be protected, its Constitution upheld, for this is a land foreordained to be the Zion of our God. He expects us as members of the Church and bearers of His priesthood to do all we can to preserve our liberty.
    -- Ezra Taft Benson

#Destiny #Zion #Hands

• The Journal of Discourses ranks as one of the standard works of the Church, and every right-minded Saint will certainly welcome with joy every Number as it comes forth from the press as an additional reflector of 'the light that shines from Zion's hill.
    -- George Q. Cannon

#Light #Zion #Numbers

• American Jewry makes any debate on whether the ‘Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion’ are an authentic document or a forgery irrelevant. American Jews do control the world.
    -- Gilad Atzmon

#Zion #World #Debate

• If any of you will deny the plurality of wives and continue to do so, I promise that you will be damned…I wish more of our young men would take to themselves wives of the daughters of Zion, and not wait for us old men to take them all; go ahead upon the right principle, young gentlemen, and God bless you forever and ever and make you fruitful , that we may fill the mountains and then the earth with righteous inhabitants.
    -- Heber C. Kimball

#Daughter #Men #Zion

• The Lord is no respector of persons, and will give success to all who work for it. If l can only impress upon the minds of the youth of Zion the eloquence, the inexpressible eloquence of work, I shall feel fully repaid.
    -- Heber J. Grant

#Work #Zion #Giving

• The English Puritans pulled down church and state to rebuild Zion on the ruins, and all the while it was not Zion, but America, they were building.
    -- James Russell Lowell

#Zion #America #Church

• There are no songs comparable to the songs of Zion, no orations equal to those of the prophets, and no politics like those which the Scriptures teach.
    -- John Milton

#Bible #Song #Zion

• Among the Mormons, things temporal have always been important along with things eternal, for salvation in this world and the next is seen as one and the same continuing process of endless growth. Building Zion, a literal Kingdom of God on earth, has therefore meant an identity of religious and economic values: in the daily affairs of the Kingdom, Latter-day Saint scriptures call for unity, welfare, and economic independence.
    -- Leonard J. Arrington

#Religious #Zion #Unity

• Countless candles dribbled with hot wax, and their flames, like little flags, fluttered in the unchartered currents of air. Thousands of lamps, naked, or shuttered behind coloured glass, burned with their glows of purple, amber, grass-green, blue, blood red and even grey. The walls of Gormenghast were like the walls of paradise or like the walls of an inferno. The colours were devilish or angelical according to the colour of the mind that watched them. They swam, those walls, with the hues of hell, with the tints of Zion. The breasts of the plumaged seraphim; the scales of Satan.
    -- Mervyn Peake

#Wall #Zion #Air

• Personally, I am more than ever inclined to believe that the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion are genuine. Without them I do not see how one could explain things that are happening today. More than ever, I think the Jews are at the bottom of all our troubles.
    -- Nesta Helen Webster

#Believe #Thinking #Zion

• I was ordained one of the standing High Council in Zion, under the hands of President Joseph Smith
    -- Orson Pratt

#Hands #Zion #President

• When I'm killed, don't think of me Buried there in Cambrin Wood, Nor as in Zion think of me With the Intolerable Good. And there's one thing that I know well, I'm damned if I'll be damned to Hell!
    -- Robert Graves

#Thinking #Zion #Woods

• Grow as a palm-tree on God's Mount Zion; howbeit shaken with winds, yet the root is fast.
    -- Samuel Rutherford

#Wind #Roots #Zion

• Christ's enemies are but breaking their own heads in pieces, upon the Rock laid in Zion; and the stone is not removed out of its place. Faith hath cause to take courage from our very afflictions; the devil is but a whetstone to sharpen the faith and patience of the saints. I know that he but heweth and polisheth stones, all this time, for the new Jerusalem.
    -- Samuel Rutherford

#Rocks #Zion #Enemy

• Trust in God. Do your duty. Remember your prayers. Get faith in the Lord, and take hold and build up Zion. All will be right.
    -- Wilford Woodruff

#Prayer #Zion #Trust In God

• The right place for the League of Nations is not Geneva or the Hague, Ascher Ginsberg has dreamed of a Temple on Mount Zion where the representatives of all nations should dedicate a Temple of Eternal Peace. Only when all peoples of the earth shall go to THIS temple as pilgrims is eternal peace to become a fact.
    -- Ahad Ha'am

#Zion #League #Earth

• Supposing I live, I have got a work to do; and if I die, I shall still be engaged in the cause of Zion . . . If we live, we live to God; and if we die, we die to God; and we are God's, any way.
    -- John Taylor

#Work #Zion #Causes

• Zion, thou art doubtless anxious for news of thy captives; they ask after thee, they who are the remainder of thy flock.
    -- Judah Halevi

#Art #Zion #News