Subtraction quotes

• God will test you because He wants you to mature. He wants you to develop a walk with Him that is not based on your fluctuating emotions, but on your commitment to Him as you learn to walk by faith.

• I'm sure that the meaning of the songs that I've written will change for me over the years, the same way that I can't even say what inspired some of the songs that I've been singing for a long time anymore.

• For as labor cannot produce without the use of land, the denial of the equal right to the use of land is necessarily the denial of the labor to its own produce.

• Art is the lesser sister to medicine. It aims to heal.

• It's so thrilling. And not just the music. The Internet is changing the future of fund-raising. I'm thrilled by the potential.

• Come to terms with death. Thereafter anything is possible.

• Oh, how few find time for prayer! There is time for everything else, time to sleep and time to eat, time to read the newspaper and the novel, time to visit friends, time for everything else under the sun, but-no time for prayer, the most important of all things, the one great essential!

• I don't believe in the concept of a soul mate. Because we are all unique, but we're also simply too similar.

• When Sir Winton Turnbull [who represented a large rural seat] was raving and ranting on the adjournment and shouted: “I am a Country member”. I interjected “I remember”. He could not understand why, for the first time in all the years he had been speaking in the House, there was instant and loud applause from both sides.

• It is a mark of many famous people that they cannot part with their brightest hour.