Hovering quotes

• I'm very tall, so I like a guy who's bigger than me - it makes me feel feminine and safe. I don't like to be hovering over a guy or feel like a linebacker.
    -- Adrianne Palicki

#Guy #Hovering #Safe

• But we shall not know the world by looking at it; we know it by looking at the hovering fly.
    -- Allen Tate

#World #Hovering

• It means you got your glow on." He smiled, hovering right alongside me. "It means you're on your way.
    -- Alyson Noel

#Mean #Hovering #Way

• Beyond the edge of the world there’s a space where emptiness and substance neatly overlap, where past and future form a continuous, endless loop. And, hovering about, there are signs no one has ever read, chords no one has ever heard.
    -- Haruki Murakami

#Past #Space #Hovering

• I recently lost 50 pounds. I'm hovering on the cusp of a size eight, which seems unbelievable.
    -- Kathy Najimy

#Eight #Hovering #Size

• Marriage was a form of insanity; love hovering permanently on the edge of aggravation.
    -- Liane Moriarty

#Aggravation #Insanity #Hovering

• Hovering over me was the Chihuly chandelier. Chihulys are the pigeons of Seattle. They're everywhere and even if they don't get in your way, you can't help but build up a kind of antipathy toward them.
    -- Maria Semple

#Pigeons #Hovering #Way

• The souls of all our brethren are ever hovering about us, craving for a caress, and only waiting for the signal.
    -- Maurice Maeterlinck

#Waiting #Soul #Hovering

• The American empire is hovering between life and death.
    -- Mohsen Rezaee

#Life And Death #Empires #Hovering

• Being in love is something like poetry. Certainly, you can analyze and expound its various senses and intentions, but there is always something left over, mysteriously hovering between music and meaning.
    -- Muriel Spark

#Being In Love #Love Is #Hovering

• I was afraid to board a streetcar because of the conductor; I was afraid to enter the Kabuki Theater for fear of the usherettes standing along the sides of the red-carpeted staircase at the main entrance; I was afraid to go into a restaurant because I was intimidated by the waiters furtively hovering behind me waiting for my plate to be emptied.
    -- Osamu Dazai

#Waiting #Awkward #Hovering

• Once as I sat painting, I became aware of a man's face hovering near me, moving closer and closer to the panel I was working on. When he spoke he said, 'That is a fantastic brush!
    -- Robert Genn

#Moving #Men #Hovering

• The adjacent possible is a kind of shadow future, hovering on the edges of the present state of things, a map of all the ways in which the present can reinvent itself.
    -- Steven Johnson

#Shadow #Maps #Hovering

• We are not created for any grander purpose than the ants that are there or the flies that are hovering around us or the mosquitoes that are sucking our blood.
    -- U.G. Krishnamurti

#Blood #Hovering #Ants

• This dragonfly came up to me. He was hovering right in front of my face, and I was really examining him, thinking, How does he see me? I became enlightened.
    -- Ziggy Marley

#Thinking #Dragonflies #Hovering