Unyielding quotes

• Now, my friend, I beg you to consider that this blindness and unyielding hardness is the very core of your iniquity, and to be convinced that you are thus blind and stupid is true conviction of sin.
    -- Archibald Alexander

#Stupid #Unyielding #Sin

• We are not grand because we are at the top of the food chain or because we can alter our environment - the environment will outlast us with its unfathomable forces and unyielding powers. But rather than be bound and defeated by our insignificance, we are bold because we exercise our will anyway, despite the ephemeral and delicate presence we have in this desert, on this planet, in this universe.
    -- Aron Ralston

#Exercise #Unyielding #Ephemeral

• Thus does the unyielding, inescapable future ineluctably devour the present.
    -- Robert Silverberg

#Doe #Unyielding

• The Democratic Party's rigidly pro-choice stance is one of the more unyielding positions in contemporary American politics.
    -- Ross Douthat

#Party #Choices #Unyielding

• Youth was so mercilessly hard in its decisions; it had its own unyielding standards and had not yet learned enough to know that time would prove them arbitrary.
    -- Winston Graham

#Decision #Arbitrary #Unyielding

• It is by not always thinking of yourself, if you can manage it, that you might somehow be happy. Until you make room in your life for someone as important to you as yourself, you will always be searching and lost.

• Don't you always feel bad when they take away one of the spoons? It's like you ordered wrong.

• People with high self esteem are risk takers, but more importantly, they are achievers.

• It's not a silly question if you can't answer it.

• Well what I want them to know is just like, John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa. That's the kind of spirit that I have, too.

• I would pale in comparison to rock and rollers with my haircut. I would be a lightweight.

• Nothing is more hateful to me than photography coated with gimmicks, poses and false effects. Therefore let me speak the truth in all honesty about our age and the people of our age

• We thought: we're poor, we have nothing, but when we started losing one after the other so each day became remembrance day, we started composing poems about God's great generosity and our former riches.

• My sister said, You're making it hard for all us housewives in Nebraska.

• I wish the press were paying more attention to the erosion of the Constitution and the slippery slope that we're getting into, by giving up the right of the Congress to talk about when and how and where we go to war.